One thing I hear over and over again is women avoiding being in groups with other women. Some of the common things I hear at the beginning of any women’s gathering are along the lines of “I almost didn’t come because I had anxiety of being in a room with women” and “I don’t usually get along well with other women”. I also hear things about women feeling nervous to be themselves in spaces with other women and fear of judgement, comparison or cattiness.
If I’m being completely honest, I’ve also felt this way in the past myself…so I totally GET IT.
Many times this stems from our relationships with our mothers, our roles in our families, portrayals of women in the media or negative peer experiences in teen years. Let’s face some teen girl interactions can be ruthless. This makes sense in our teen years being we are all struggling to find out who we are and we don’t want to be. In adolescence we often feel insecure and powerless.
The thing is that women are really powerful and just as groups of women have the power to hurt, they have a magical ability to heal!
Women are the mothers, nurturers, caregivers, supporters, teachers, nurses that the world needs. I am not just talking about these societal roles and occupations but the ability that all women have in their feminine essence to give life to whatever they give their time and attention to whether that be a child, relationship, project or idea.
BUT WHO DOES THIS FOR US?
That’s where my belief that creating spaces for women to heal themselves and to support the healing of others is WHERE THE MAGIC IS AT.
Here are 5 things I’ve noticed about the Magic of Women in Groups:
- When women feel safe and supported they in turn want to make other women feel safe and supported.
- Women often feel alone in their experiences and sharing in group can help normalize these experiences and help other women to heal by hearing parts of their story in others.
- Women often struggle with self-compassion and when they see the same struggle in others it helps them to re evaluate how hard they are on themselves.
- Women are so busy taking care of everyone else they often neglect their own needs. Taking time to focus on yourself in a group of women can create the space you need in your life to make important changes with more clarity.
- When women are able to get time and space for themselves and fill up their cups, they are able to pour 10x the love into their families, relationships and the community to help change the world.
Check out the photos and experiences of The particpants at the Women’s Mind, Body, Soul Daytreat in Mission Viejo in August: https://intuitivehealingjourney.com/retreats/
If you are feeling courageous and wanting to explore some healing and expansion in a supportive group of women check out some of our upcoming Fall circles, groups and retreats at Intuitive Healing Journey: